Tim Monsees is a graduate of the University of Missouri at Columbia where he attended both undergraduate and law school. A lifetime Kansas City, Missouri native, he returned home to practice law upon graduation from law school in 1981, where he graduated in the top 10% of his law school class and was awarded the distinction of "Order of the Coif".
In over 25 years of practice, he has worked for law firms specializing in defense of insurance companies and product manufacturers. He now uses this experience to better know his opponents while restricting his practice to representation of victims of wrongdoing.
His recognition by his peers in the legal community with a Martindale-Hubbell rating of "A/V", sets him at the top of his profession in both legal ability and professional integrity. Recently, Tim was recognized as one of The Best Lawyers in America for his work in personal injury and medical malpractice.
Active leadership involvement in local, state and national legal communities, assists him in locating other attorneys and experts with information that will better serve you. He is past Chairman of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association's Tort Law Committee, the area of law most affecting you, if you are an injured person. Tim is also a member of the governing bodies of the largest victim's legal organizations in both Missouri and Kansas. As a Sustaining member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the best resources in the nation are available to Tim's practice. His membership in the Million Dollar Advocate's Forum is a testament to his history of million dollar results for his clients.
Most importantly, Tim has a family. His family provides an inspiration for his representation of families like yours.
Community Service Activities
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Foundation - Vice President; the largest charitable law foundation in Kansas City annually grants over $30,000 to other needy charitable organizations.
- Solace House- Advisory Committee Member; our firm sponsored their annual fundraising gala, and we are co-sponsoring their annual fund raising golf tournament; the firm also co-sponsored a major national publication for Solace House targeting families who have lost parents.
Solace House - The mission of Solace House is to provide a safe and understanding environment where grieving children and their families can obtain support from counselors, trained volunteer facilitators, and other families in similar situations.
- VAP (Volunteer Attorney Project) - Committe Chairman 2003-2004; Chairman of their annual fundraising golf tournament.
VAP provides legal services to low-income individuals; It is the largest provider of pro bono legal services in Missouri; our firm routinely accepts cases for pro bono representation from VAP in addition to those we are required to accept through court appointment. In 2005, our law firm contributed over 500 hours of service to VAP and under-privileged clients directed to our firm by VAP.
The Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association awarded Monsees, Miller, Mayer, Presley, & Amick the Robert C. Welch Volunteer Attorney Project Award for 2005 as the law firm which had contributed the most to the Volunteer Attorney Project.
- Member of the Liberty & Justice Gala Committee.
Liberty & Justice Gala Committee is a fundraiser for the foundation of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association. This committee goes to fund all public service sponsored by KCMBA.
- Boys baseball coach for under-14 team
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Eagles
- Over 100 hours devoted to presenting Continuing Legal Education seminars in 2005
- Major sponsor and presenter for 2005 Missouri Bar Association Solo and Small Firm Conference.
- Gun Storage Liability in the Wake of Long v. Turk, Kansas Trial Lawyers Association Journal, September, 1999
- Trial Tip - Find the Dastardly Deed, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys Journal, Winter, 1999
- Wrongful Death in Missouri
- Wrongful Death Trial Strategy
Areas of Practice
- Dangerous Products
- Insurance Claims
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Recreational / Sporting Accidents
- Appeals of Above
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Missouri, 1981
- Kansas, 1994
- Texas, 1986
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 1996
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1998
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1981
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
- Bachelor of Science - 1977
- Major: Public Administration