Philip S. Burnham, II was born in Englewood, Colorado. In 1986 he received his Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with a minor in business from Arcadia University. He received his Juris Doctor Degree from Widener University School of Law in 1990.
Mr. Burnham began his legal career as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Rushton H. Ridgway, J.S.C. in the Superior Court of New Jersey. He is admitted to practice law in the state and federal courts of New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Mr. Burnham has prepared and tried numerous cases in federal and state courts for individuals and corporate clients in both civil and criminal courts, and his practice includes family, real estate, education, employment, school law, telecommunications, computer, domestic, and criminal law.
Besides running a successful law firm, Mr. Burnham has been involved with corporate operations as a CEO and President of a high-tech startup company. He managed day-to-day operations of a software organization with a focus on delivery of e-media solutions to business-to-business clients. Mr. Burnham also managed all personnel, finance, marketing, sales, delivery and support of the company portfolio.
Widener University School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Professor M.B. McManamon, Research Assistant
- Phi Delta Phi, Order of the Coif (Honor Fraternity)
- Staff Writer, Delaware Law Forum, 1990.
- Honors: Interscholastic Competition, National Trial Competition - Regional Finalist
- Publications: The Best Attack Against Drugs: Forfeit, Delaware Law Forum, Nov. 1989 at 3, Jury Says: Inviting Apparel Invites Peril, Delaware Law Forum, Jan. 1990 at 3
- Activities: The Association of Trial Lawyers of America, President
Arcadia University, B.S. Computer Science, 1986
- Orientation Leader, Residence Hall Council
- Varsity Soccer Team (1982 1986, Captain 1984 1986)
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association (Board Member, Family Law Committee, 2005-2008);
- Thomas J. Forkin Inn of Court (Master)
- Nominating Committee Member, Thomas S. Forkin Family Law, American Inn of Court
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New Jersey Association for Justice
Honors, Awards and Biography:
- County Prosecutor, Gloucester County, 1998-1999.
- Instructor, ITAP, Widener University School of Law, 1986-1999.
- Law Clerk to Honorable Rushton H. Ridgway, Superior Court of New Jersey, 1990-1991.
- Speaker, "School Law in New Jersey," NBI, 2005;
- MESP Panelist (Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties) 2003—.
- Awesome Attorney, South Jersey Magazine, 2007 & 2010.
- Certified in Mediation as Judicial Law Clerk, New Jersey Superior Courts, 1990.
- Fellow: Homescapes, Inc.;
- Malvern Preparatory School, Alumni Association.
- School Law in New Jersey, NBI Institute, September 2005;
- Bullying and Social Aggression, November 2005
- Fagan v. City of Vineland, et al. 22 F.3d 1283 (1994)
- Employer's Management Group, Inc. v. Pro Auto Recyclers, Inc., Eastern District of Pennsylvania (Apr. 2005)